Our NLSC Soccer Camp is a great place for any soccer enthusiast who is looking to improve their skills, work hard, make new friends and have fun! Our mission is to provide athletes with the tools to improve and to enjoy soccer for life!
SOCCER CAMP SCHEDULE
9:00 – 9:10 Meet and Greet with Staff and participants.
9:10 – 9:40 Warm-Up, running, stretching, and conditioning
9:40 – 9:45 Water Break
9:45 – 10:00 Fundamental – Foot Skills
- Four Cone Relay Cutting Drills with the cones. 15 minutes.
10:00 – 10:05 Water Break
10:05 – 11:05 Possession Drills
- 3 v. 1 grids. 5 minutes
- 3 v. 1 moving down the length of the field (make lanes down the field with the cones) helps the player’s understand the movement in game situation. 10 minutes
- 5 v. 2 grids. 5 minutes
- 5 v. 2 with goalie on half field (Split team up, you take one half field). Swing ball around using goalie in play. Ensure success! 10 minutes.
- Add one defender. 5 minutes
- Add one defender now 5 v 4 with goalie. 5 minutes
- Water Break 5 minutes
- 5 v. 5 evenly selected or 4 v. 4 depending on how many kids we have in a 30 x 40 grid Keep away! 5 minutes
- Variation 5 Minutes no talking
- Variation 5 minutes team with most consecutive touches wins. Moves to play winner of other. Another 5 minutes.
11:05 – 11:10 Water Break
11:10 – 11:55 Communication Drills
- Small sided fields 5v5 or 4v4, with goals. Everyone must be past midfield to score. 10 minute periods. Winners play each other.
11:55 – 12:00 Water Break
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch Break
1:00 – 2:00 Classroom Session (Topics on health and wellness)
2:00 – 2:15 Warm-up & Dynamic Stretching
2:15 – 2:45 Finishing Drills
- Corner Kick Drills
- Free Kicks
- Penalty Kicks
2:45 – 3:00 Water Break & Break-out group into teams
3:00 – 4:00 Tournament Play
- Monday – Thursday is group play
- Friday is final
SOCCER CAMP DIRECTORS
Steve Gonzalez - Coach Steve has over 12 years’ professional playing experience as a goalkeeper and over 5 years’ experience as a coach. He has a national “A” coaching license and is currently playing for the San Diego Flash. He has played for Atlas Primera A club team in Guadalajara, Los Angeles Galaxy, where he was a member of the 2005 MLS Championship team, San Diego Boca and San Diego Flash. Steve’s approach to teaching young athletes the game of soccer has gained notoriety for the immediate impact his coaching style has on them. His alumni have gone on to become members of the US National Team U14 and U17 teams.
Ivan Mercado - In 2006, Ivan Mercado was a member of the Cerritos College State and National Champions. He then transferred to the University of Hawaii at Hilo, where he was a 2009 PacWest Honor Roll Student-Athlete and three-time 2008 PWC Top 10 Honor Roll. He started 16 games in the goal, played 1251:48 minutes, recorded 53 saves and 1.01 goals per game where he recorded 6 shutouts. He has a BA in Kinesiology. While at UHH, he was also a recipient of a Semester at Sea scholarship where he traveled abroad for a semester, visiting China, Japan, Africa and Brazil, to name a few.
Full Day $249
Half Day $149
Day Pass $60
Full day $149
Half Day $100
Day Pass $60[/wpcol_1third]
Full day $149
Half Day $100
Day Pass $60[/wpcol_1third_end]
Sam Gonzalez- (714) 230-0706 ext 113